Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Mr Happy Penis

A few weeks ago I got an email from the publishers of the Schmap On-Line City Guides asking me if I would give permission (for free obviously) for one of my photographs to be short-listed for use in their Rome Guide.

Given the subject of the photograph I didn't think for a second that it would be included but I received another email on Saturday telling me that it had indeed made the cut.

So, anyone accessing Schmap!! Rome - Sights and Atractions clicking the entry 'Piazza Vittorio - Famous Fabulous Market' will now be rewarded with this image...


Original Caption - 'Mr Happy Penis'


They must be a strange old crowd at Schmap



.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Given your quite understandable disenchantment with all things meeja, I'm surprised you agreed. I told them where to get off after they published a whole slew of mine.

You didn't see this, then?
http://www.epuk.org/Blogs/613/one-hand-schmapping

Great subversion though, isn't it? I might just have to blog you.

There's a turn-up for the books. :)

Stef said...

Given your quite understandable disenchantment with all things meeja, I'm surprised you agreed. I told them where to get off after they published a whole slew of mine.

hehe

I only said yes because the prospect of a grainy shot of penis graffiti and an abandoned shopping trolley being used to illustrate a tourist guide amused me. I dream of an alternate universe where all tourists guides are exclusively illustrated with that kind of picture

but yes, you are right, schmap is bullshit - thanks for the link, I hadn't seen it

Am now hanging out for this shot to be accepted for the London Guide...

http://tinyurl.com/28cao2