Friday, November 26, 2004

Feast your eyes on the face of Modern Britain


copywright Melanie Einzig
.
The above picture is not one of mine, though I wish it were. I've 'borrowed' it from the In-Public Street photography site where it is the very worthy photo of the month for October
.
.
I recommend their other photos of the month highly.
.
Why have I posted this picture? Because out of the countless thousands of images I have captured or seen this year this picture, this frozen moment, conveys the very essence of life in Urban Britain today - the clothing, the posture, the cell phone, the location. If she had a visible can of lager in the other hand it would be perfect, but it's close enough as it is. I stand in awe of this photograph.
.
If the United Kingdom had a website this should be on the opening page.
.

No comments: